Bupa Travel Insurance is currently not available through travelinsurance.com.au. You are welcome to visit their website for more information or compare travel insurance options available from us.
Bupa Travel Insurance Policy Options
Economy: Bupa’s most basic level of cover. It is the minimum cover required for travels to New Zealand and the South Pacific Islands.
Standard: The minimum cover required for travel to Asia, including Bali.
Super: This policy offers unlimited medical expenses cover, and is the minimum cover required for travels to the UK, Europe, South America, Russia, India, Africa, or the Middle East.
Super Plus: Bupa’s highest level of cover, and is the minimum cover required for travels to Canada, the USA, or Japan.
Australian Cover: Domestic cover is required for travels in Australia.
Other options available:
Cancellation plan: The cancellation plan covers you for cancellation costs for travel in Australia and New Zealand only.
Cover for Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
There are some pre-existing medical conditions that are automatically covered by Bupa Travel Insurance, while others will need to be pre-approved and will require an additional premium added to your insurance policy. The conditions that are covered will be covered provided you have no other related pre-existing conditions, your conditions are stable and well-maintained, and you are not waiting for treatment, results of medical tests or investigations in relation to any of these conditions. These conditions include:
– Diabetes non-insulin dependent
– Ear grommets
– Gastric reflux
– Hay fever / Rhinitis
– Hearing loss
– A hiatus hernia
|– Hip or joint replacement
– Hormone replacement therapy
– High cholesterol
– High blood pressure
– Impaired glucose tolerance
– Macular degeneration
– Peptic ulcer
– Pregnancy up to 24-weeks
– Solar keratoses
– Underactive thyroid
Age limit for Bupa Travel Insurance
If you are 70-years of age or over before your trip departure date, you will not be automatically covered by Bupa Travel Insurance for medical-related claims. You will need to take a medical assessment to be pre-approved for cover before you travel. This medical assessment does not need to be completed if:
- You are 70-years or older travelling on an Australian or cancellation plan.
- You do not require cover for any pre-existing medical conditions.
Bupa Travel Insurance Claims Process
- Contact Bupa to make a claim on 13 24 80 within 30-days of completing or cancelling your trip.
- Be honest and upfront with Bupa about any statement you make with regards to a claim.
- Take the necessary precautions to prevent further loss, liability or damage occurring.
- Report loss, damage, or theft of any belongings to the local police, transport provider, or any other authority within 24-hours of the incident taking place. Obtain written proof of the report, with the lost or stolen belongings captured in the report.
- Provide as much information and assistance to Bupa to process your claim, including all the relevant documents, medical or dental reports, declarations, valuations, or evidence of ownership.
- Give Bupa the rights to claim from anyone else in written format.
Bupa Travel Insurance Contact Details
||Insurance Australia Limited
|Overseas Emergency Number
||+61 2 8895 0694
|Southern Cross 24/7 Emergency Assistance
||(02) 8895 0694
Compare travel insurance with Southern Cross travel insurance.